I have nothing on work wise this weekend, so it has been fun to play at being a real athlete. Spending my time on long(er than usual) workouts, fuelling properly… (please excuse the blurry photobooth pic, my iPhone is as dead as a dodo!)
… taking the pooches on long walks and enjoying lots of actual, real, REST! I could definitely get used to this lifestyle!! Anyone fancy paying me to train?! …no?
Today I hit the gym and completed an hour of steady state cardio, again working on my aerobic base.
1) 30 minutes rowing
2) 30 minutes skipping (I took a couple of little breaks to stretch my legs but tried not to take longer than a few seconds.I did end up skipping longer than 30 minutes because at some point during the last 2 minutes my timer broke and I was being stubborn and refusing to break to check the time… I probably added a couple of minutes. Idiot. Ha!)
3) 40 minutes strength / weight training
- 3 x 10 hamstring curls
- 5 x 10 squats (I made each set progressively heavier)
- 3 x 10 overhand pull ups (assisted – tried unassisted and managed 5 but my form was pretty poor so I decided to take it back a notch.)
- 3 x 10 tricep dips (assisted – same as above)
- 3 x 10 lat pull downs
- 3 x 10 overhead press
- 4 x 10 leg press (Again I made each set progressively heavier)
4) 20 minutes stretching
In other news I’m super excited about tomorrow because my Dad’s making the trip down to London to see me and to drop off his old bike!! I can’t wait to see my Dad AND I will finally have some wheels!! Watch out London! Anyone know where I can pick up a decent helmet and a little road sense?! Ha! It’s been a while since I have navigated a City on a bike and I am terrified and excited in equal parts! It does take me one step closer to triathlons though which is bloody brilliant! 🙂
Hope you’re all enjoying the weekend?!
Lots of love, Hayley